Skip to main content

The Sentence structure MCQs FBR Availuation/Appraising Officer

English sentence structure MCQS

1. A simple sentence consists of

 one independent thought
 one independent clause
2. An independent clause contains

 a subject and a verb
 a subject and an object
3. A compound sentence consists of

 one or more independent clauses
 two or more independent clauses
4. Independent clauses can be joined by using

 a coordinating conjunction
 a subordinating conjunction
5. Which is a compound sentence?

 I like walking on the beach with my dog.
 I like walking but my dog likes running.
6. A complex sentence consists of an independent clause plus

 a subordinating conjunction
 a dependent clause
7. A dependent clause can begin with a relative pronoun or a

 a subordinating conjunction
 a coordinating conjunction
8. "I like him because he’s funny." Which is the dependent clause?

 I like him
 because he’s funny
9. Which is a complex sentence?

 I was late because I missed my train.
 We got up late so I missed my train.
10. A compound-complex sentence consists of two or more independent clauses and

 one or more dependent clauses
 two or more dependent clauses


Correct answers:


1. one independent clause
2. a subject and a verb
3. two or more independent clauses
4. a coordinating conjunction
5. I like walking  but my dog likes running.
6. a dependent clause
7. a subordinating conjunction
8. because he’s funny
9. I was late because I missed my train.
10. one or more dependent clauses
#FBR, #FPSC, #PPSC, #KPSC, #SPSC #English_Part

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The US_History #FPSc_PPSC_CSS_PMS

#History_of_USA Questions on Progressive Movement PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT  Discuss the progress of the Progressive Movement in the United States between 1900 to 1916. (CSS 2001)  Note: Progressive Movement. (CSS 2004) Progressivism (1890-1920) Introduction By the beginning of the twentieth century, muckraking journalists were calling attention to the exploitation of child labor, corruption in city governments, the horror of lynching, and the ruthless business practices employed by businessmen like John D. Rockefeller. At the local level, many Progressives sought to suppress red-light districts, expand high schools, construct playgrounds, and replace corrupt urban political machines with more efficient system of municipal government. At the state level, Progressives enacted minimum wage laws for women workers, instituted industrial accident insurance, restricted child labor, and improved factory regulation At the national level, Congress passed laws establishing federal r...

The #Corona virus Mystery

The spread of "#corona virus" is not simply accidental- if it is so - how "The #Eyes Of #Darknes"  exposed it word-by-word a long time ago - Bio Weapons has a fact of its own - Carona's spread to China since its inception could be a matter of controlling the growing population. Wuhan# Coronavirus is an engineered offensive bioweapon. You're not being told this by the Mockingbird media here because the US Gov is directly responsible for the global bioweapons arms race. We've spent somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-200 Billion since 9/11.The swine flu, hoof & mouth  and western Africa ebola outbreaks, etc, were all bioweapon development accidents. This kind of research is happening here, on US soil, & the last thing our police-state rulers want is for us to be aware of this domestic WMD research.The WHO, CDC, Fort Detrick, NIH & Big Pharma all know what's going on. Their corporate media allies are not going to spill the beans. W...